CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Meet Me On Monday Blog Hop (I think I'm addicted!)

Yes, yes, I admit it! I am hooked on these Blog-Hoppy thingys!! I can't help it! It's so much fun to spend a lazy Sunday hopping around reading other people's work and laughing out loud all day.


So, yes. Here's yet another one for Monday, appropriately titled "Meet Me On Monday" and hosted by Java at Never Growing Old. Every Monday, Java lists a set of five questions for us to answer and share with our bloggy friends so that we can get to know each other a little better. It's fun and I'm writing so I'm stretching my brain instead of rotting it away on Farmville or Cafe World, right?


This weeks questions are:


1. What is your favorite way to eat potatoes?


If I am feeling under the weather, nothing beats plain old instant mashed potatoes with butter and salt and pepper. Otherwise, I like them sliced thin and fried crispy in a little butter with garlic salt, fresh cracked pepper, some onions and a little parsley. Mmmmmm. See, now I'm hungry!


2. What was the last package that was delivered to your house?


We actually received two on the same say. One was replacement strings and a strap for Bryson's new guitar that he got for Christmas. (Because his mother doesn't know diddly about tuning a guitar and tightened the string to tight and snapped it!) The other was the boxed set of all the Harry Potter books. That was a red letter day in our house, baby! We were rockin' and readin' the whole rest of the day!


3. What is your favorite scent that you love to smell?


Do I really have to pick just one? Maybe, but I can't so here's a few for a few different situations. On a man, I love the smell of Axe Phoenix Body Spray and/or soap. MY favorite perfume is called Krishna Musk. It's a perfume oil that is incredibly unique and exotic - musk, mixed with some sandalwood and something else that I can't quite put my finger on - and it makes me feel oh-so-very-sexy when I wear it. I love the way the air smells right before and right after a good thunderstorm. And Fresh Cotton candles. And warm cake. And my grandma's house.


4. Do you smoke?


Yes. I do. A lot. And for a long time. And I know it's no good for me. But I enjoy it. I feel all empty inside without it. I tried to quit cold turkey once, and I sat in my recliner all day and cried. I'm gonna have to, and I know that because it's killing me AND my pocket book. But I just can't bring myself to do it yet.


5. Are your parents married or divorced?


My parents are still married, more or less happily, and have been for over 40 years. FORTY TWO to be exact. It's a fact that amazes me every day. And I am so thankful that they are still with me on this Earth and that we have a good relationship. We talk every single day, they really WANT to spend time with their grandchildren, and my dad makes THE BEST prime rib roast ever!


So there you have it. Five more things to know about me! Enjoy! And join in the fun!




10 comments:

ShanimalsCrackers.blogspot.com said...

It's okay, I'm addicted too.

Anonymous said...

Another addicted to blog hops here. I've even created a page on my blog which is for the sole use of blog hopping so I don't forget which ones I enjoy visiting!!

I've added my link to your linky list and am now following you.

My late father-in-law started smoking when he was 14 and he died when he was nearly 83. He smoked all those years, very heavily too.

CJ xx

jengd said...

Mashed potatoes w/ a bit of wasabi powder- gives them a bit of kick and a great green tint. :) And yay Harry Potter!

Monica said...

I know how you feel...I'm totally addicted to blogging. I never knew I could spend so much time on a computer!!! I'm new to blogging as well, but my site looks new...yours is amazing, you look like you've been blogging all your life. I'm so jealous :)
Thanks for stopping by my humble blog and for following...I'm now your newest follower from Meet Me on Monday!!
Monica
http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

Congrats to your parents!

My Answers are here http://bookskidsanimalsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/03/meet-me-on-monday.html

AiringMyLaundry said...

I love the scent of sweet stuff. Like right now I have a buttercream yankee candle going.

Lana D said...

Monica - I wish I could take credit for my blog design, but I can't! But I can share my secret! At the very tippy top of my page, there's a link to Lee-Lou blogs. She is oh-so-very-talented and oh so very generous with free blog layouts. Be sure to visit her site! She's amazing and she makes it easy!

Whispering - Buttercream is one of my favorites too! That and Hazelnut Latte!

Ronalee said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I have enjoyed looking around yours. I'll be back. :)

doreen said...

Oh I miss smoking so much. I think I stopped crying at 3 months. I gained some weight which I am desperately trying to halt...
I am a new visitor and follower from Meet me on Monday...except it is Tuesday. Nice to meet you!

Ayesha said...

Thanks for posting this blog. There is very useful information.. that how can we got best Automotive software services. Car dealer software

Post a Comment